Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pringles Screamin' Dill Pickle

Why Screamin' Dill Pickle chips?  Well, I had Intense Pickle Doritos when I was in Montreal and absolutely loved them.  Alas, I don't live near Montreal and so don't exactly have an easy source of Intense Pickle Doritos.  Since then I've been searching for a replacement pickle chip.  I hoped that these Pringles pickle chips would do the job.

The container art has four dill pickle spears and one chip being flung at me.  The pickles are really juicy.  Honestly it looks kind of gross.  The can also told me to 'Test Your Taste Buds!' and I'm not quite sure what it means.  These xtreme chips are so intense that my taste buds are gonna go bananas or something I guess.  Opening the can brings out a really strong pickle smell which is expected given that they're Screamin.

But what do they taste like?
They taste a lot like regular Pringles with a medium pickle taste and a stronger pickle aftertaste.  Gotta say it was unexpected how mild they are given how strong the smell was.  I figured I'd take a bite and it'd be like biting into a pickle, but nope.  Actually it was much more like eating chips that had a pickle resting on them briefly which I rather quite like.  Still, they're not anywhere near extreme unless eating pickle flavored chips is extreme.  The aftertaste lasts for awhile so if you do try them, expect to be tasting pickle for a bit.  Also, I'm still weirded out by the pickles flying at me from the can.

If you're like me and you really like the chips that have hung out with the pickle on the plate then you'll probably like these.  If you don't like pickles then I'd steer well clear.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment