Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Deep River Snacks Sweet Maui Onion

Of all the Deep River snacks chips I've tried I think my hopes are highest for these.  Will they live up expectations?  Who knows!  I'm not sure where the Maui factors in, but I like onions and I like... sweet?  I dunno, but I'm intrigued all the same.

The chips themselves are pretty generic.  They look like kettle cooked chips that have a flavor.  They smell kinda onion-y, but nothing too overpowering.

But what do they taste like?
They're salty, a little bit onion-y and almost kinda sweet at the same time.  And hey!  They're pretty damn good!  And, unlike the BBQ chips I tried, it's a fairly unique flavor!  I'm not sure if it's just my bag, but the chips are also absolutely covered in seasoning which is a bonus on my book.  It's a bit like they're covered in onion salt.  It also works really well with the kettle cooked-ness of these chips.  They're really crunchy in a good way, thanks to the kettle cooking.

A lot of onion chips have a really strong onion flavor that can be kinda gross after awhile, but that doesn't happen with these.  The salt, onion and sweetness all balance really well.  I ate the entire bag and would happily have eaten more if I'd had any.  I almost would have liked the flavor to be a bit stronger.  For all the seasonings they were covered with they were pretty mild considering.

These chips probably taste even more delicious because I ate them after watching the Men's Individual Sabre during the Olympics where Hungary won the gold and I was super excited!

Rating:



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this chips, similar to this chips i got at Dollar King Store. It was same taste, it's delicious and spice

    ReplyDelete