Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Deep River Snacks Mesquite BBQ

These are definitely the most normal of the Deep River chips graciously provided by my mom.  But, since Deep River is a brand I don't see most places, I figure they still qualify.  Let's see how they do!

What I've noticed about Deep River chips is they don't seem to smell like their flavor.  These maybe, maybe have a hint of BBQ flavor, but they mostly smell like kettle cooked chips.

But how do they taste?
They taste like BBQ!  I'm not really surprised by that of course, but it's good that they taste like what I'd expect them to taste like.  Interestingly, the BBQ flavor doesn't last very long and I start tasting the flavor of the base kettle cooked chips more.  That's a big change from the painful Aged Cheddar and Horseradish and Zesty Jalapeno chips where it hurt to even eat them.  These are much much sweeter in comparison - I actually like my BBQ chips to have a bit more of a kick, but I'll take these over mouth burning pain any day.  I'd prefer to have the BBQ taste last longer before tasting the chip flavor I think.  These are pretty standard as far as BBQ chips go.
If you're in the market for some really delicious BBQ chips you could do better than these, but you could do worse, too.  The chips are a pretty greasy and the BBQ seasoning has a tendency to get everywhere (as all BBQ chips seem to).  Some of the chips are practically orange with flavoring and others don't seem to have much, but the flavor is consistent either way.  These are the first Deep River chips I've eaten happily and without a constant mouth burn.  It's a refreshing change!
Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment