Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pringles Blastin' Buffalo Wing

Since I'm not the biggest fan of super spicy things I was a little hesitant to try these Blastin' Buffalo
Wing Pringles.  Will they just taste like spicy pain?  Maybe!  But you know what?  I'm going to give them a shot.

The can tells me they they are level 3 out of 4 on the Pringles Spiciness Scale.  Level 3 is apparently a fire raging out of control, while level 4 is a fire extinguisher.  Will I need to use one?  Doubtful, because these are potato chips and not actual flames.

But what do they taste like?
Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.  They taste like buffalo wings.  Well, to be fair, they taste like buffalo wing sauce because there's no chicken flavoring here.  They are kinda spicy, but they're helped by the fact that I love buffalo wings.  Buffalo wings are a place I expect spice and these chips deliver.  They leave my mouth burning, but it works.  My mouth burns after eating buffalo wings.  It goes with the territory.
I think the biggest difference between these chips, and other spicy chips I haven't liked, is that they they're spicy, but they've got flavor.  It's not just painful spice for the sake of having it be spicy.  The only downside is that it gets harder to taste them as I eat more of them.  I get sort of desensitized to the flavor and just taste the spiciness.  Still, even though I can't taste them as much... I can't... stop... eating them.  Mmmm.  Buffalo wing-y.

Also, you know what I like about Pringles?  If you buy a tube of Pringles you know how many you're going to get.  No matter the size of a bag of chips, the amounts you get always seems to be some random number, but at the end of the day, it's always way less than you think.  So props to you, Pringles, for actually giving the amount of chips the size of your packaging promises.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment