Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Annie Chun's Cracked Pepper & Herbs

More seaweed!  This time found at Fairway and hopefully equally delicious.  These, however, are pepper and herb flavored which is strange.  Sesame made sense, as it's a sushi flavor, but cracked pepper?  Herb?  I'm not so sure.

I am going to try them anyway!  Even if the flavors will possibly be, dare I say it, strange?

But what do they taste like?
As feared - the herb/cracked pepper flavor kinda overpowers the natural seaweed flavor.  There's also a strange kind of sweetness that wasn't in the sesame brand.  It's also possibly saltier, which is weird, since you'd think herb and pepper would be less salty, no?

Also much saltier than the sesame, which is strange since I thought the sesame was pretty salty to begin with.  These, however, have a pepper-y aftertaste that's kinda nice, but also strange, because it's totally out of place with seaweed.  I mean, they're still pretty good, but they're definitely not normal seaweed.

If you, for whatever reason, want seaweed that also doesn't taste like seaweed, then give these a shot.  Otherwise, perhaps try the sesame.

Next week we'll be back to actual chips - I even have some international ones to try, courtesy of my friend who just came back from Israel!

Rating
 

No comments:

Post a Comment